Programme Leader -Yeovil4Family
Full time – 37.5 hours per week (including occasional evenings and weekends)
Location: The GateWay
Reporting to: YCC Community Strategic Lead
Salary: £24,892 – £28625 pa
Direct and co-ordinate the innovation and development of Yeovil4Family within Yeovil Community Church, to enable deeper learning, smarter practice and effective growth in line with 4Family’s strategy, vision and values.
- Be responsible for the strategic development and day to day leadership of the rapidly expanding work of Yeovil4Family.
- Ensure that Yeovil4Family understands and is responsive to the needs of clients
- Recruit train and manage staff and Volunteers
- Ensure staff and volunteers receive formal and informal supervision and support
- Co-ordinate and monitor the performance of Volunteer Mentors
- Develop and facilitate workshops and meetings with staff and Volunteer Mentors
- Resolve issues and conflicts within the team and with clients as required with discretion, diplomacy and confidentiality
- Be Safeguarding lead for the Yeovil4Family programme
- Ensure effective communication with trustees, funders, partners and outside agencies in facilitating the programme objectives.
- Network with other agencies in order to ensure that clients’ needs are met appropriately.
- Ensuring alignment with local and national objectives for clients living with complex needs.
- Ensure the work of Yeovil4Family is communicated widely.
- Monitor and evaluate the effectiveness of the programme and make improvements and changes accordingly
- Work with the YCC leadership, to ensure ongoing alignment with Yeovil Community values and ethos.
- Develop and write communications and promotional literature for distribution such as newsletter, brochures and flyers and co-ordinate the process through printing and distribution
This post has budget responsibilities, including monitoring team expenses and monies which can be disbursed to support clients. The postholder will be expected to ensure resources are used efficiently and
Ability to monitor budgets and prepare budgets if required
The postholder has line management responsibilities. Currently this includes approximately 5 staff and 20 volunteers, but these numbers are expected to increase substantially over the coming months
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- English and Mathematics GCSE or equivalent (E)
- Degree level qualification or equivalent experience (E)
- Level 2 (or equivalent) Safeguarding training (D)
Knowledge & Experience
- Experience of managing and leading a team (E)
- Knowledge of issues faced by families and individuals including those with complex needs (D)
- The ability to maintain safe working practices (E)
Skills & Abilities
- An ability to think and plan strategically (E)
- Ability to lead people and share a vision (E)
- Excellent Communication Skills with a wide range of people and professionals (E)
- Strong interpersonal skills to manage complex and critical situations (E)
- Emotional Resilience (E)
- Skill in critical thinking and problem solving (E)
- Skill in supervision, planning, organisation and training (E)
- Skill in both verbal and written communication and presentation (E)
- Ability to work independently (E)
- Competent user of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook (E)
- Ability to reflect the ethos and culture of Yeovil4Family and Yeovil Community Church (E)
- Act in line with values of Community, Equality, Inclusivity, Hope and Transformation (E)
- Be prepared to undertake a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check (E)
This post carries a Genuine Occupational Requirement for the postholder to be a committed Christian.
For more information on Yeovil 4 Family click here.
Application by CV plus covering letter describing your suitability for the role (up to 500 words). Please send this to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The deadline for applications 20th March 20.20 at 12.00 noon. Please complete the equal opportunities form here and send with other documents.