Operations Strategic Lead:
(Full-time – 37 ½ hours, but may consider part-time – 3 days+)
Salary £26,456 to £31,519 (or pro-rata)
Closing date March 20th 2020
To coordinate, develop and oversee the delivery of current and future initiatives of YCC, working with other members of the Strategy Team to ensure alignment with the vision and values of the church and the Leadership Team, and utilizing the resources of The GateWay to their maximum potential.
- Strategic development and integration of the operational functions of YCC, including communication, to ensure that they are effective and properly resourced.
- To oversee and lead the development of the GateWay and its resources ensuring effective and efficient systems and processes are in place to deliver the vision and values of YCC.
- To ensure that the GateWay and its culture is fit for purpose for the delivery of YCC’s ministries, to ensure all feel welcome, safe and valued, encouraging participation, innovation and collaboration to see new ideas and projects given space to succeed.
- To liaise with other agencies to ensure the GateWay meets its potential and effectively supports the wider needs of the local community.
- To have delegated authority to manage the financial and personnel processes of YCC.
- To review the staffing, volunteer and resource infrastructure and advise the Leadership Team and Trustees on any future developments required.
- Proven experience of managing people, systems and processes
- Working within a team with leadership responsibility
- Management and development of volunteers and staff
- Evidence of effective collaboration and delivery of outcomes
- Experience of leading within a Christian context, displaying maturity and wisdom
- Experience of managing budget (preferred)
- Understanding of H&S and GDPR (preferred)
Skills and Abilities
- A self-motivated initiator and problem-solver
- Effective written and verbal communicator to a wide range of audiences
- Strategic organisational leadership skills, showing an ability to manage and adapt complex systems, using effective creative and critical thinking
- Well-established ability to motivate and manage others, including sensitively handling conflict & confrontation
- Able & willing to work flexibly
- A committed Christian
- A commitment to the ethos & beliefs of YCC, as expressed in our Mission and Values
- Resilience and reliability
- A commitment to personal development
This post has a genuine occupational requirement for the postholder to be a committed Christian. (GOR)
Application by CV plus covering letter describing your suitability for the role (up to 500 words). Please send this to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The deadline for applications 20th March 20.20 at 12.00 noon. Please complete the equal opportunities form here and send with other documents.