Working as a part of the Create team – a gap year team focused on mission through Creative arts (click here for more info)
We are a creative team exploring mission through worship, music, media, dance etc. running creative academies, creative clubs, events, gigs, trips and more.
Developing resources for the local church, equipping others with creative arts skills, worshippers and more.
We are looking for people with creative and media skills who have a passion to serve and are prepared to be a part of an artistic environment, exploring worship, writing and recording music, filming videos and designing resources. Also having a passion for mission and sharing the gospel with young people through working with youth groups, creative clubs and doing outreach.
This is an amazing opportunity to be personally transformed while serving young people and growing in leadership. Come and join us here in Yeovil as a part of YCC (Yeovil Community Church), a vibrant expanding church with a passion to resource others. You will have a specific focus of media working however, being a part of a larger team, you will also be involved in serving in our large outreach children’s and youth events and schools work.
If you are a worshipper, creative and have a passion for growing your media skills and seeing young people grow in theirs, we would love you to come and join us here in Yeovil as part of a vibrant expanding church with a passion to resource others.
Our vision is:
C – Centre of excellence for creative arts
R – Resource the church
E – Engage with our local community
A – Actively involved in justice
T – Training and releasing
E – Exploring God’s heart for worship
- Create content and be involved in managing social media profiles and posts for YCC, YCC youth and create.
- Produce flyers, posters and marketing material for print, web and digital signage
- Make videos for youth groups
- Produce resources to aid worship at YCC and the wider church
- Work with young people in schools as part of media projects (building self-esteem, mental health and behavioural development)
- Work alongside creative lead to help communicate YCC’s vision and values
- Update and develop website
- Youth groups at YCC
Within the wider team, opportunities arise that include:
Developing skills in:
- Song writing
- Video production
- Leading Worship
- Creating resources
- Leadership development
- Schools work
- Detached working
- Working with evangelistic groups
- Friday night Youth groups, from ages 4 – 14.
- Discipleship groups
- Children’s work
- Overseas trips
- Organising and Leading events, trips and Camps
- Being involved in youth work at New Wine summer festivals